Applications for a small grant (under £500) can be applied for all year round.
Applications for medium and large grants are considered by the Grants Panel twice a year. The Panel will then make recommendations to Cabinet who has the final decision. You will then be contacted to confirm if your application has been successful and the amount of funding to be awarded.
Applications for the first round should be submitted between 1 April and 15 July with applications considered by Cabinet in September.
Applications for the second round should be submitted between 1 October and 15 January with applications considered by Cabinet in March.
Please note that Cabinet has the final say on all applications and there may be instances where applications that were originally approved by the Grants Panel are later declined by Cabinet. Cabinet also has the right to amend funding amounts.
Who can apply?
Organisations who may apply include:
- Charitable organisations
- Clubs and societies with a constitution e.g. playgroups and sports clubs
- Community interest companies
- Company limited by guarantee that has tangible social objectives
- Town and Parish Councils
- Voluntary and community groups or residents’ associations with a formal constitution
Applications will not be accepted from:
- Any statutory organisations, including schools
- Churches/faith organisations purely promoting their own faith
- For-profit companies, that benefit the directors or shareholders of the company
- Groups that have no formal constitution
- Political organisations