The Rother Reduce, Reuse, Recycling Grant offers funding to community groups and charities who are committed to helping the Rother District to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. If you have an idea that helps to inspire others to be thoughtful about waste, the grant could help you get equipment or resources.
Funding can be granted for a variety of projects and activities including workshops, practical equipment, education and awareness raising. This can be anything from swap shop events to repair workshops, community gardens (which make use of reused, reclaimed, or recycled materials), to food growing, food waste reduction initiatives and composting schemes. Campaigns to promote reducing, reusing or recycling can also be included. The grant pot is set at a maximum of £15,000 using the proceeds raised via the Rother Community Lottery and will be awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Terms and Conditions
- To receive funding, groups must be a properly constituted community group, charity, Parish or Town Council within the Rother District and show they have a bank account in place to process the grant.
- The fund will open on 1 April 2023. The closing date for this Grants scheme is when all funds have been allocated or 31 March 2024, whichever is sooner.
- Projects must request no more than £1,000 funding and be for no more than 50% of eligible costs.
- Applications will be considered on their own merit as they are received by the Council and applicants will be notified of the decision within 14 days of receipt.
- All projects must demonstrate a clear link to reduce, reuse and/or recycle.
- Applications with missing information or without quotes will not be considered.
- Funding cannot be awarded for wages or expenses to staff who may be involved either directly or indirectly with the project.
- All projects must, in some way, acknowledge Rother District Council’s contribution.
- If successful, the grant must be claimed within 12 months of the notification of award.
- The grant will be paid once evidence is provided that all funding is in place and payments have been made that match, as a minimum, the amount Rother District Council is putting into the project.
- The Council reserves the right to amend these guidance notes and the assessment criteria.
Before making an application, please ensure you have all the necessary documentation and emails required to process your application. Applications with missing information or without quotes will not be considered.
Should you wish to save your application to come back to later, please register for a Rother account before starting your application.