This Plan allocates sites for particular uses as well as setting out more detailed policies for the effective management of development in relation to key issues.
The DaSA implements the development strategy and core policies set out in the Core Strategy.
The DaSA does not include housing allocations in designated Neighbourhood Plan Areas. Further details are available on the Neighbourhood Plans page.
DaSA Local Plan: Adoption
The DaSA Local Plan was adopted by Full Council on 16 December 2019, having been found sound by the Inspector appointed to oversee the public examination process, subject to the inclusion of the Main Modifications and changes to Policies Maps as set out in the Appendix to his report.
The DaSA Local Plan now forms part of the statutory Development Plan for the District and will be used in the determination of all planning applications, alongside the policies of the Core Strategy (which have not been superseded by the DaSA), the saved policies in the Local Plan 2006 and the ‘made’ Neighbourhood Plans.
- Development and Site Allocations Local Plan (Dec 2019)
- DaSA Local Plan Policies Map (Dec 2019)
(Please note that Policies Map Inset Maps can be found within the main DaSA Local Plan document above)
- DaSA Local Plan Adoption Statement (Dec 2019)
The DaSA Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal is available to view on the Sustainability Appraisal (SA) page
The adopted DaSA Local Plan and the Local Plan Policies Map are also available to inspect at the Council’s Community Help Points and will be available to purchase in the new year using the link below.
DaSA Local Plan: Inspectors Report
On 5 November 2019, Rother District Council received the Inspector’s Report on the Examination of the Rother Development and Site Allocations Local Plan. As such, the Examination into the DaSA Local Plan is now concluded.
- Rother DaSA Inspectors Report November 2019
- Schedule of Main Modifications Rother DaSA Inspectors Report Appendix November 2019
For details about the Examination, please see the DaSA Examination page.
Alongside the consultation on Main Modifications and changes to Policies Maps the Council also undertook a separate consultation on Additional Modifications to the DaSA Local Plan. This separate exercise was distinct from the Public Examination process, as the Additional Modifications do not relate to the soundness and legality of the Plan. Consequently, the representations to the Additional Modifications have only been considered by the Council and not by the Inspector.
DaSA Local Plan: Modifications
The consultations on both the Main Modifications to the Submission version of the DaSA Local Plan (including changes to Policies Maps) and the Additional Modifications has now concluded. Both consultations ran from Tuesday 30 July to Tuesday 10 September 2019.
All representations on Main Modifications and changes to Policies Maps have been submitted to the Inspector for consideration. Responses to Additional Modifications will only be considered by the Council and not by the Inspector as they do not relate to the soundness of the plan.
A Consultation Statement has been prepared, which summarises the consultation procedures and representations received.
In addition, a small number of representations were received which were not related to any Modifications and can be viewed below.
Main Modifications and changes to Policies Maps
The Council prepared a schedule setting out the proposed Main Modifications and changes to Policies Maps that were considered necessary in order for the DaSA Local Plan to be found sound. This document, along with a Sustainability Appraisal Report Addendum and Habitats Regulations Assessment Addendum, were available to make representations on.
- [RDC-DaSA-M1] Schedule of Main Modifications and changes to Policies Maps (July 2019)
- [RDC-DaSA-M2] Sustainability Appraisal Report Addendum (July 2019)
- [RDC-DaSA-M3] Habitats Regulation Assessment Addendum (July 2019)
Additionally, as a distinct exercise which is not a part of the DaSA Local Plan Public Examination process, the Council undertook a separate consultation on Additional (Minor) Modifications to the DaSA Local Plan. Responses to these modifications will only be considered by the Council and not by the Inspector as they do not relate to the soundness of the plan.
DaSA Local Plan: Submission
The DaSA Local Plan was submitted to the Secretary of State for Examination on 18 January 2019. A Planning Inspector, appointed by the Secretary of State, is now conducting an examination into the Plan’s soundness and legal compliance. Representations made during the public consultation will be considered as part of the examination.
Full details are contained within the Notice of Submission and Availability of Documents (Jan 2019).
The DaSA Local Plan and supporting documents are available to view below and a full index of all documents submitted to the Planning Inspectorate (including links to the documents) is also available here: Submission DaSA Document List.
- Proposed Submission Development and Site Allocations Local Plan (Oct 2018)
- Proposed Update to the Policies Map (Oct 2018)
- Schedule of minor modifications to the Proposed Submission DaSA Local Plan (Jan 2019)
- Submission DaSA Local Plan Consultation Statement (Jan 2019)
- Proposed Submission DaSA – Sustainability Appraisal – Vol 01 – Main Document (Sep 2018)
- Proposed Submission DaSA – Sustainability Appraisal – Vol 02 – Appendices 1 & 2 & 5 (Sep 2018)
- Proposed Submission DaSA – Sustainability Appraisal – Vol 03 – Appendices 3 & 4 (Sep 2018)
All representations submitted during the proposed submission consultation have been submitted to the Planning Inspectorate (including any attachments and supplementary reports). These are available to view on the Council’s Online Representation System and copies of the representations (in both Policy and Respondent order) are included within the index of documents submitted to the Planning Inspectorate.
Hard copies of the DaSA Local Plan (Proposed Submission version) and supporting documents will also be available for inspection at the Town Hall, Bexhill-on-Sea, TN39 3JX.
DaSA Local Plan: Supporting Documents
- Proposed Submission DaSA Local Plan Consultation Statement (Sep 2018)
- Space Standards Background Paper (Oct 2018)
- Accessible & Adaptable Housing Background Paper (Sep 2018)
- Residential Garden Sizes Background Paper (Nov 2017)
- Landscape Assessment of Northeye, Bexhill (Aug 2018)
- Landscape Assessment of Wakeham’s Farm, Fairlight Cove (May 2018)
- Sidley Sports Ground Feasibility Study (Aug 2018)
- Drill Hall – Historic Building Record and Heritage Assessment
- A Retail Capacity Study of Bexhill-on-Sea (Sep 2018)
- Rother Local Plan Viability Assessment (Oct 2018)
- HRA of Pre-Submission DaSA and emerging Neighbourhood Plans (Sep18)
- Highways Capacity Assessment Report: Development and Site Allocations to 2028 (Nov 2018)
- Sustainable Access and Recreation Management Strategy – Draft Main Report (Oct17)
- Equalities Impact Assessment – Development and Site Allocations Local Plan: Proposed Submission (Oct 2018)
- DaSA – Site Assessment Methodologies Background Paper (Nov 2016)
- North Bexhill – Report 1 – Landscape and Ecological Study (Aug 2015)
- North Bexhill – Report 2 – Appraisal and Recommendation (Aug 2016)
- Strategic Gaps Background Paper (Mar 2016)
- Employment Sites Review Background Paper (Nov 2016)
- Rother and Hastings Playing Pitch Strategy (Dec 2016)
- Green Infrastructure Study – Addendum (Nov 2016)
- Water Efficiency Background Paper (Jun 2016)
- Renewable and Low Carbon Energy Background Paper (Nov 2016)
Purchasing hard copies of the documents
To purchase a physical copy of the DaSA Local Plan documents, please click the link below to be redirected to our Online Payments Service.