You should view our pre-application advice page before applying for planning permission.
Do you need planning permission?
The Planning Portal is the government’s online service for planning and you can check whether you need planning permission on their website.
The Planning Portal Interactive House can also guide you through whether your plans need permission.
Before you apply
- Check what you need to submit for your application
- Check what the fees are for your application
- Check if your development is liable for the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- View our Planning Policy pages to view the local plan policies as your application will be considered against these policies
- Review the Street Name and Numbering information so you know if and when you need to apply to register an address for a new build or conversion.