Licences and Permits


Licences and Permits

Rother District Council deal with applications for many different licences, permits, consents, registrations and requests for assistance from the public and the majority of applications for licences are dealt with under delegated authority.

Information on all of our licences, including our fees and application forms can be found on the pages below.

Door Supervisors are licensed by the Security Industry Authority (SIA).

  • If you would like to complain about a licensing matter please visit the 'How to Complain' page.
  • Licensing Act 2003

    In order to sell or supply Alcohol, or to provide Entertainment, or Late Night Refreshment, you must have a Licence from your Local Authority under the Licensing Act 2003.

  • Taxi Licensing

    The term "taxi" is a generic term applied to both Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicles.

  • Gambling Act 2005

    The Gambling Act 2005 came fully into force on 1st September 2007 and the responsibility for gambling is split between Local Authorities and the Gambling Commission.

  • Animal Licensing

    The Licensing Team licence a variety of activities involving animals to ensure specified standards and conditions are being adhered to.

  • Caravans and camping

    In this section you will find information on the different types of licence required for the use of caravans or camping in the Rother area.

  • Other Licences and Permits

    In this section you will find other types of Licences and Permits that you can apply for such as Street Trading, Charity Collections, Pleasure Boats and Keddle Net Fishing.

  • How to complain

    Should you wish to complain about a Food, Safety or Licensing matter, you can do so in writing, by phone or online.

  • Contact Licensing

    Licensing is part of the Environmental Health department which is a shared service between Rother and Wealden District Councils.

Powered by GOSS iCM