Rother Environment Strategy
In September 2019, Rother District Council declared a climate emergency and pledged to become carbon neutral by 2030.
A draft environment strategy was produced, with the following priority areas identified:
- Becoming a smart digital district
- Green economy
- Air quality and sustainable transport
- Sustainable waste management
- Sustainable energy
- Protecting and enhancing biodiversity
- Construction and existing buildings
- Environmentally friendly council
At the beginning of the year 2020 a public consultation was carried out and its responses were considered by the Cabinet at its meeting on 27 July 2020. For the agenda and reports please visit the Cabinet meetings page.
On 21/09/2020 the draft Environment Strategy document was adopted at a Council meeting. View the Council meeting agenda and minutes.
You can register for our upcoming Tree Hour Webinar here: bit.ly/RotherTreeHour3
- Climate Change Steering Group
- Coastal Protection
- Parks and Green Spaces
- Planning Policy
- Tree Preservation Orders
- Waste management