Thank you for looking to subscribe to the garden waste service. The cost is £55 per bin and you may have up to 3 bins. The subscription year runs from 15th July until 14th July annually, regardless of the date you subscribe to the service. Rother District Council continues to offer the lowest subscription rate compared to neighbouring authorities.
If you are on a sack collection, YOU WILL NOT be able to get a garden waste service due to access issues for the larger vehicles used for this service. Please do not attempt to register. In the unfortunate event that a Garden Waste service cannot be provided to your property, other options include:
Before the service can commence, you will be required to stick a permit on each bin you have. This will be sent to you on receipt of cleared funds. Full details of how and where to place the sticker will accompany the sticker.
How does the service work?
We will provide up to three 240 litre brown wheelie bins for your garden waste.
- The bin(s) will be emptied fortnightly from the edge of your property, at the point nearest the highway
- Collection day may not be the same day as the household waste and recycling
- Garden waste will only be collected from brown bins.
- Garden waste is suspended for a 2 week period over Christmas
- For a list of what you can put in your brown bin visit our ‘What can I put in my bin?’ page
- Garden Waste Collections will only be made for brown bins with the appropriate sticker placed on them, presented in the correct way.
If you are already receiving an assisted collection, then this will also apply to garden waste collections when you subscribe to the service.
How to subscribe
To subscribe to the Garden Waste Service, please click the link below. The terms and conditions for this service are available on our website. Please note, that it may take up to 10 weeks before you receive your first collection.