If you do decide that you want Rother Council to arrange for a collection, please note:
Terms and Conditions
- We do not carry out house clearances.
- The bulky waste collection service is non-refundable and are not amendable once booked.
- Items for collection must be presented outside, at the front of the property by 7 am on the scheduled collection day.
- Items must be clearly visible from a roadside position. The crew are not expected to search a property to try and locate items which may be partially hidden from view.
- Items should be presented away from other items to avoid confusion and ensure the crew can find the item(s) easily.
- Please do not cover items over with sheets, it doesn’t matter if the items get wet as they are going for disposal. If you wish for items to be reused, then you are better giving them away or selling them second-hand.
- Please ensure access is clear from the collection point to the highway, i.e. no vehicles or other property is blocking access from the collection point to the highway.
- Items must be at ground level, collections will not be made up a flight of steps or using a lift.
- Operatives will not enter the house or garage/outbuilding to collect items, items must be presented in the open air.
- All items must be presented together in one collection location.
- For items we cannot collect, please see our prohibited items list
- Any furniture which is being disposed of due to pest infestation i.e. bed bugs must have been treated professionally and double wrapped. If not it will not be collected.
- Mattresses containing human waste or pest infestation MUST be doubled wrapped. If not they will not be collected.
- White goods should not contain food waste or other waste items. Freezers should be fully defrosted.
- All items stated for collection should not contain smaller items within. For example a sideboard with drawers full of smaller items will not be collected.
- We reserve the right not to collect if items are not as described at point of order.
- Please do not ask the contractor to collect additional items. Your order cannot be changed upon collection and payments cannot be made to the collection crew for additional items.
- Items will be collected on the day agreed at the time of your order at any time from 7am (items must be outside by 7am).
- Payment is taken at the end of the Bulky Waste booking form
- All major credit or debit cards are accepted – Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Solo, Electron.
- We do not currently accept Amex, Diners Club or Cheques.