If you do decide that you want Rother Council to arrange for a collection, please note:
Terms and Conditions
- We do not carry out house clearances.
- The bulky waste collection service is non-refundable.
- Items for collection must be available outside of the property by 7am on collection day in the location you specified on your bulky order, it must be a accessible position. The preferred location is at the front of the property. Please ensure that the crew do not have to move objects to get at the items requested for collection.
- All items must be presented together in one collection location.
- For items we cannot collect, please see our prohibited items list:
Prohibited Bulky Waste List April 2014
- Any furniture which is being disposed of due to pest infestation i.e. bed bugs must have been treated professionally and double wrapped. If not it will not be collected.
- Mattresses containing human waste or pest infestation MUST be doubled wrapped. If not they will not be collected.
- White goods should not contain food waste or other waste items. Freezers should be fully defrosted.
- All items stated for collection should not contain smaller items within. For example a sideboard with drawers full of smaller items will not be collected.
- We reserve the right not to collect if items are not as described at point of order.
- Please do not ask the contractor to collect additional items. Your order cannot be changed upon collection and payments cannot be made to the collection crew for additional items.
- Items will be collected on the day agreed at the time of your order at any time from 7am (items must be outside by 7am).
- For our Bulky Waste Collection service we require payment in advance of any collection.
- All major credit or debit cards are accepted – Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Solo, Electron.
- We do not currently accept Amex, Diners Club or Cheques.