When your Dual Driver Licence is due for renewal we will contact you. This is normally 2 to 3 months before the expiry date.
Each time you renew your licence you will need to:
- Complete a Dual Driver Renewal Form
- Contact your doctor’s surgery to arrange a new Medical Report Form to be completed.
- Book a renewal appointment by calling 01424 787550.
- Apply for a new DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
- Complete a DVLA Licence History form
- Bring the correct supporting documentation (Proof of ID, address and Right to Work in the UK)
- Make a Payment
The above forms and information is currently given to you in your renewal letter.
Booking an Appointment
To make an appointment to see a Licensing Officer at the Town Hall, please telephone 01424 787550. If you have not previously signed up for the DBS Update Service, this must take place at least eight weeks before your licence expires. If you have signed up for DBS Update, the appointment can be delayed until two weeks before expiry.
Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure
We advise that you sign up with the DBS update service, information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service and must be done within 19 days of receiving your Disclosure certificate.
If you have not yet signed up to the DBS Update Service (or you signed up but have lost your original Disclosure certificate), then you will need to arrange for a new Disclosure – details will be provided with your renewal pack or you can contact us for the information.
If you have signed up to the DBS Update Service you will need to present your original Disclosure certificate as part of the renewal process.
We accept these supporting documents:
- Current Passport or, if you do not have a valid passport, a UK birth certificate
- Proof of a right to reside and a right to work in the UK, if you cannot provide either of the above, or an EU passport
- DVLA driving licence (valid photo card)
- A Council tax statement not more than 12 months old, or household utility bill not more than 3 months old (NB a bill for a mobile phone will not be accepted).
It is your responsibility, not the Council’s, to renew your Licence and if you fail to do so before the its expiry then any application will be treated as a new application and you will not be permitted to drive until that application has been determined (approximately 6/ 8 weeks).
Incomplete applications or applications not accompanied by the required fee will not be accepted.
Applications which are withdrawn for any reason will be subject to an administrative handling fee.