If the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS), who is the person responsible for the sale of alcohol at your premises, has changed, you will need to apply to Vary the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS).

All businesses and organisations selling or supplying alcohol, except members clubs and certain community premises must have a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). The DPS must hold a personal licence for the sale of alcohol.

If the DPS for your premises licence has changed you will need to complete a DPS Variation application, a DPS consent form, pay a fee of £23 and submit the application to the relevant authorities.

You can apply and pay online using our application form here:

Or download and complete a DPS Variation application form. You can post this to the address at the bottom of this page.

You can also apply to vary a DPS via .gov.uk at (this service may not be available after March 2022): Apply online at Gov.uk to vary a DPS

The person who will be the new DPS will also need to complete a DPS Consent Form. This form shows that they give their consent to be named as the person responsible for the sale of alcohol on the premises.

If you are not applying online via the .gov.uk website you must also submit your DPS Variation application and DPS Consent form to East Sussex Police Licensing. Their details can be found on the Responsible authorities page.

Aiimee Digital Assistant Icon

Aiimee - Rother Digital Assistant

Ask me a question!