All outdoor play areas and gyms will reopen from Monday 13 July 2020.
In line with government advice, we ask that everyone enjoys the parks safely and responsibly:
- If you or any of your household or party have symptoms do not enter the play area.
- Wash or sanitise your hands before and after using equipment.
- Bring your own cleaning materials to clean touch points before use.
- Maintain social distancing of two metres.
- Only one adult to accompany children on site.
- If the site is crowded and social distancing cannot be maintained, please queue outside.
- Limit time spent on site if there are others waiting.
- Do not touch your face and remember to cough or sneeze into a tissue and bin immediately.
- Do not consume food and drink within the play area.
- Dispose of all litter in the nearest available bin or take it home.
Egerton Park will be cleaned regularly to help keep equipment safe, as this is a very busy park.
We are relying on individuals to be responsible to keep parks safe for everyone.
Most of play facilities are found in Bexhill, Battle and Rye. Elsewhere, public play facilities tend to be managed by Town and Parish Councils.
The Council’s children’s play areas are regularly inspected by our grounds maintenance contractor in accordance with recommended guidelines laid out by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA).
To report any damage or vandalism to play areas, please phone (01424) 787522.