All outdoor play areas and gyms will reopen from Monday 13 July 2020.
In line with government advice, we ask that everyone enjoys the parks safely and responsibly:
- If you or any of your household or party have symptoms do not enter the play area.
- Wash or sanitise your hands before and after using equipment.
- Bring your own cleaning materials to clean touch points before use.
- Maintain social distancing of two metres.
- Only one adult to accompany children on site.
- If the site is crowded and social distancing cannot be maintained, please queue outside.
- Limit time spent on site if there are others waiting.
- Do not touch your face and remember to cough or sneeze into a tissue and bin immediately.
- Do not consume food and drink within the play area.
- Dispose of all litter in the nearest available bin or take it home.
Egerton Park will be cleaned regularly to help keep equipment safe, as this is a very busy park.
We are relying on individuals to be responsible to keep parks safe for everyone.
Rother District Council maintains more than 30 public outdoor play facilities in Rother ranging from equipped play areas for toddlers and juniors through to skate-parks and ball-courts for older children and young people.
Our parks and open spaces also provide a pleasant and safe environment for play and informal recreation. Many of the Town and Parish Councils provide play facilities in addition to those that we manage.
We recognise that play is a very important part of a child’s life and that more can be done to increase play opportunities for children and young people in Rother. In 2012 the play facilities in Egerton Park, Bexhill underwent a complete makeover creating a fantastic new play-zone for children of all ages. We have subsequently carried out smaller refurbishment projects at other sites and are supporting communities where possible to improve provision.
New items of equipment have most recently been provided at Southlands (Sidley, Bexhill) and Masons Field (Rye) and plans for a new skatepark in Bexhill are in development.
Further information on play
You can find out more about play in Rother using the links below.