There are many different organisations that can help you with dog welfare issues;
- for details on owning and showing dogs go to www.thekennelclub.org.uk. You will also find a directory of dog breeders on this site.
- the Blue Cross will care for and re-home ill/injured dogs, go to www.bluecross.org.uk
- the national canine defence league will re-home dogs, even those that have been difficult to handle. Go to www.dogstrust.org.uk.
- If you would like to give a dog a home, go to www.battersea.org.uk.
- If you would like training in dog handling techniques go to www.woodgreen.org.uk
However if you have concerns that a dog is kept in filthy conditions or is abused in some way, you should report this to the RSPCA cruelty line on 0300 1234 999.
If you are concerned about a dog held in a car on a hot day contact the RSPCA.
If you wish to complain about the noise of a barking dog ring 01424 787550 or register an Dog Barking.