Here we will explain in detail;
- Why are we doing this?
- What are the proposals?
- What are the key dates and next steps?
- How can I be involved in the pre-planning consultation?
- Frequently asked questions
Outline planning permission was granted in 2014 at the land at Barnhorn Road, Bexhill (known as Rosewood Park) for a wider mixed-use development scheme totalling 25.5 hectares, for housing, a nursing home doctors’ surgery etc. The Council acquired part of the land in 2019 to ensure that the development of the medical centre and employment space took place in accordance with planning policy and regeneration objectives.
- To ensure that development at the site takes places in accordance with planning policy and regeneration objectives, in keeping with the Council’s Corporate Plan priorities and Local Plan employment allocations.
- To deliver improved local healthcare facilities to a modern standard that will bring significant benefit to the local community.
- To provide modern small workshop space, in limited supply locally.
- To provide employment opportunities locally, through the medical centre and employment space
- To generate a secure rental income stream to the Council, to help support the delivery of services into the future
The scheme is to build a modern medical centre built to BREEAM excellent standards. BREEAM stands for Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method and is the leading and most widely used environmental assessment method for buildings and communities. It sets the standard for best practice in sustainable design and the most commonly used measure to describe a building’s environmental performance.
The plans for the Medical Centre include:
- 19 consulting rooms
- 6 treatment rooms
- Office administration
- Changes Places facility
- Hot and Cold hub enabled (this is a Covid 19 measure to help prevent infection)
- 86 parking spaces including:
Provision for large vehicles
- Pre-planning consultation events week commencing 3rd October 2022
- Online consultation week commencing 3rd October 2022
- Planning submission Autumn 2022 (there will be an opportunity to comment on the planning application.)
There will be two face to face pre-planning consultation events at St Marks Church, Little Common, Green Lane, Bexhill-on-sea, East Sussex TN39 4BZ on:
- Monday 3rd October 10 am to 2 pm
- Thursday 6th October 2 pm to 7 pm
These are drop in sessions so no need to book. The team will be available to answer questions, gather feedback and show you the current plans. A questionnaire will be available to complete at the event. An online questionnaire is available, closing at midnight on 14th November 2022.
Following our two public consultation events, we have created a page containing Frequently Asked Questions. Answers have been provided by the Project Team (Including RDC and all consultants) and the Medical Team represented by members of Little Common Surgery/CCG/NHS.
Please visit the Barnhorn Green Health and Employment Scheme – Frequently Asked Questions webpage for further information.