Please complete this form if you have an existing claim for Council Tax Reduction and your circumstances have changed, for example you have moved or your household or income has changed.

If you want to notify us of a change for Council Tax purposes and you do not have a live claim for Council Tax Reduction, please see the forms on the Council Tax pages

If you want to make a new application for Council Tax Reduction please see the Council Tax Reduction page.

If you are in receipt of Universal Credit and your entitlement to Council Tax Reduction ends as a result of an adjustment in your Universal Credit award you will need to complete a new application in order to re-apply.

How do I report a change in my circumstances?

How do I report a change in my self-employed income?

What if my circumstances change?

Whilst getting Council Tax Reduction you have to tell the Council’s Benefits Service if your circumstances, or those of anyone in your household, change. If you don’t and you receive more Reduction than you should, we will ask for it back.

What changes should be reported?

The list below tells you the sort of things you should tell us about. It is not a complete list. You should tell us if.

  • You or anyone in your household stop or start getting Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance
  • You or anyone in your household stop or start working
  • The income or capital of you or anyone in your household goes up or down
  • You or anyone in your household changes address (including to another flat or room in the same building)
  • Someone comes to live with you
  • Someone leaves your household (including going into hospital, a rest home, university or prison).

If you are not sure if a change should be reported please Contact Us.

When should a change be reported?

This should be as quickly as possible after taking place but must be within 21 days of the change.

Please send us some proof of the change, such as wage slips or entitlement letter from the Department for Work and Pensions. If you are unable to provide the evidence immediately please do not delay in telling us about the change as this may result in a loss of Council Tax Reduction.

If you change address or go into prison (including being on remand) you will need to fill in an online change of circumstances form.

What will happen next?

We will amend your claim to take account of the change from the date of the change.

Aiimee Digital Assistant Icon

Aiimee - Rother Digital Assistant

Ask me a question!