In conjunction with local clubs and partners there have been several successes in the past. These include successful awards for:
- Battle Bowls Club
- Sidley Martlets Bowls Club
- Robertsbridge Cricket Pavilion
- Little Common Sports Pavilion
- Bexhill Sailing Club
- Rye Sports Centre
- Northiam Sports Hall
Rother DC Sports Development Officer can also offer support with:
- advice on possible sources of funding, such as Sport England grants;
- help with application forms;
- possible partnership funding from the Community Project Grant Scheme Fund.
More details on the Sports Lottery Awards and Sport England Initiatives can be found on the Sport England Website www.sportengland.org/funding
Clubs have also benefited from funding via Rother DC for club development plans and programmes which involves more people in sport and physical activity. This includes support for volunteers, part funding for coaching courses and in developing club/school community links.
Rother DC does not provide grants for individual performers / competitors.
Schemes / Projects that have been supported through Sports Development include:
- community multi-sports projects
- primary schools rugby coaching
- half term tennis coaching
- assistance towards the purchase of club equipment
- assistance towards coach development – qualifications and awards
Projects that have received funds from the Community Project Grant Scheme include:
- Battle Cricket Club Pavilion
- Catsfield Pavilion
- Robertsbridge Children’s Centre
- Johnson’s Field Camber – Play and Recreation Area
- Christchurch Community Project
For further details on grants, please contact Adrian Gaylon on 01424 787583 or via email.