We have a dedicated team of officers who have the appropriate qualifications, skills and experience to deliver the services provided. There are arrangements in place to ensure the ongoing professional competency of all officers.
Where specialist knowledge is required in an area outside of our expertise we have arrangements in place, with both neighbouring authorities and other regulatory organisations, to call on additional resources as necessary.
Requests for our Service
We respond to requests for assistance that we receive, including requests for advice and complaints about breaches of the law. We will:
- Acknowledge your request within 5 working days.
- Tell you when you can expect a substantive response.
- Seek to fully understand the nature of your request.
- Explain what we may or may not be able to do, so that you know what to expect.
- Keep you informed of progress throughout our involvement.
- Provide clear advice where appropriate.
- Inform you of the outcome as appropriate.
How to contact us
You can contact us by:
- Through our web pages
- By Post at Town Hall, Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex, TN39 3JX
If you contact us we will ask you for your name and contact details to enable us to keep in touch with you as the matter progresses. We treat all contact with the service in confidence unless you have given us permission to share your details with others as part of the matter we are dealing with on your behalf or there is an operational or legal reason why we need to do so.
We do not normally accept anonymous complaints.
Having your say
We value input from you to help us ensure our service is meeting your needs. We would like to hear from you whether your experience of us has been good or in need of improvement. This helps us to ensure we keep doing the right things and make changes where we need to. We use customer satisfaction surveys from time to time but we would welcome your feedback at any time. You can provide feedback online by filling out our Environmental Health Customer Survey.
This information is required to be published by the BRDO, Department of Business, Innovation and Science.
Complaints and appeals
We are always willing to discuss with you the reasons why we have acted in a particular way, or asked you to act in a particular way. You can contact:
- Mr R Parker-Harding, Head of Service
- Ms C Beaumont, Deputy Head of Service
We manage complaints about our service through the Corporate Complaints Procedure