The Council does not provide advice on the law affecting residential long leasehold property and Commonhold.

There can be problems, for instance with service and insurance charges. The Government has set up an agency, LEASE, which does. If you have just bought, or are thinking of buying, a flat or leasehold house and are unsure of the rights and responsibilities of being a leaseholder then you should first read their publication “Living in Leasehold Flats”. It provides a good, basic guide to leasehold law.

Aiimee Digital Assistant Icon

Aiimee - Rother Digital Assistant

Ask me a question!