Byelaws made under section 235 of the Local Government Act 1972 by the Council of Rother District for the good rule and government of the District of Rother and for the prevention and suppression of nuisances.
- These byelaws apply throughout the District of Rother.
- In these byelaws:
- “highway” means the whole of a highway other than a ferry or waterway
- public place” means –
- any highway, and
- any place to which at the material time the public or any section of the public has access, on payment or otherwise, as of right or by virtue of express or implied permission
- No person shall in any public place skate or ride on rollers, skateboards, wheels or other mechanical contrivances in such a manner as to cause danger or nuisance or give reasonable grounds for annoyance to other persons lawfully using the public place.
- Byelaw 3 shall not apply to anything done with the consent of any occupier of the public place.
- Any person offending against byelaw 3 shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 2 on the standard scale.
- 1 Byelaws 7, 8 and 9 of the byelaws relating to Good Rule and Government of the District of Rother which were made by the Rother District Council on 22nd October 1997 and were confirmed by the Secretary of State for the Home Department on 3rd December 1997 are hereby revoked.
GIVEN under the COMMON SEAL of
ROTHER DISTRICT COUNCIL
by order of the Council this 13th
day of August 1999
The foregoing byelaws are hereby confirmed by the Secretary of State and shall come into operation on the fifth day of November 1999
R. G. EVANS
Byelaws for Skateboarding