ARRANGEMENT OF BYELAWS
- General Interpretation
Protection of Wildlife
- Protection of wildlife
- Interpretation of Part 3
- Removal of offenders
Byelaws made under section 164 of the Public Health Act 1875 by the Council of Rother District with respect to Egerton Park and Polegrove Recreation Ground, Bexhill-on-Sea
- In these byelaws:
- “the Council” means Rother District Council;
- “the ground” means Egerton Park and Polegrove Recreation Ground, Bexhill-on-Sea
- These byelaws apply to Egerton Park and Polegrove Recreation Ground, Bexhill-on-Sea
Protection of Wildlife
- No person shall kill, injure, take or disturb any animal, or engage in hunting or shooting, or the setting of traps or nets or the laying of snares.
- In this Part:
- “waterway” means any river, lake, pool, or other body of water, and includes any fountain.
- No person shall in any waterway cast a net or line for the purpose of catching fish or other animals.
- No person shall:
- obstruct any officer of the Council in the proper execution of his duties;
- obstruct any person carrying out an act which is necessary to the proper execution of any contract with the Council;
- obstruct any other person in the proper use of the ground.
- It shall not be an offence under these byelaws for an officer of the Council or any person acting in accordance with a contract with the Council to do anything necessary to the proper execution of his duty.
- Nothing in or done under these byelaws shall in any respect prejudice or injuriously affect any public right of way through the ground, or the rights of any person acting lawfully by virtue of some estate, right or interest in, over or affecting the ground or any part of the ground.
Removal of offenders
- Any person offending against any of these byelaws may be removed from the ground by an officer of the Council or a constable.
- Any person offending against any of these byelaws shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 2 on the standard scale.
GIVEN under the COMMON SEAL of
ROTHER DISTRICT COUNCIL by order
of the Council this 27 day of October 2004
Leader of the Council
D M Stevens
The foregoing Byelaws are hereby confirmed by the Secretary of State and shall come into operation on the 13th day of January 2005
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Senior civil servant in the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister
13 December 2004
London, SW1E 5DU