Rother District Council Events Funding
Applications are welcomed from community groups and promoters looking to stage events in Rother.
This strategic fund is aimed at increasing visitors to the area and applications must specifically address how the event will do this. Applications are welcomed, however there are limited funds and once allocated no further applications will be considered until the new financial year.
If you are interested in developing an event in Rother please contact Donna Hall: Dhall.Arts@rother.gov.uk 01424 787582
Please Note: Along with your grant application, you are required to send a copy of your COVID-safe event plan to the RDC Environmental Health Team at COVID@rother.gov.uk (For all events, not only those on RDC land). Once the event plan has been signed off, we will be able to consider your application.
De La Warr Pavilion – Community Group Concessions
Rother’s relationship with the De La Warr Pavilion is achieved both through funding and through on going partnership working. We are proud that alongside Arts Council England we help support this hub of cultural excellence and working closely with the team at the Pavilion for the benefit of our local communities. To this end we continue to run the concession grant pot allowing community groups in Rother to apply for funding to support venue hire. The event must take place at the De La Warr Pavilion and a provisional date have been confirmed, must be visual / performance based and open to the general public.
Applications will be considered throughout the year on an individual, rolling basis. Applications for the current year are open but as always funds are extremely limited. For more information please contact Melanie Powell, Cultural Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org 01424 787506.
East Sussex Arts Partnership funding
The East Sussex Arts Partnership has a small number of grants of up to £500 available. These grants are for arts projects which support the East Sussex Cultural Strategy priorities:
- Create an environment where great cultural experiences are available to everyone to enhance their quality of life
- Create an environment which enables the cultural and creative economy to expand and enhances our ability to attract and retain other businesses
- Develop and promote well packaged cultural tourism offers which celebrate the identity of East Sussex, raise its profile and attract more visitors and businesses to the County
The East Sussex Arts Partnership is formed of cultural officers from each of the borough / district councils in the East Sussex area; Rother, Hastings, Wealden, Eastbourne and Lewes together with East Sussex County Council and Arts Council.
- Activity must be arts based
- Activity must be supported by an Arts Council National Lottery Grant
- Applications will be considered prior to an Arts Council National Lottery Grant being confirmed but any offer will be dependent on an Arts Council National Lottery grant being secured
- Applicants must supply their final Arts Council National Lottery Grant application as submitted to Arts Council England. Any subsequent amendments will render the application invalid.
- Activity must not start before the decision has been given on the grant (see dates in brackets below)
- Applicant must be a non-profit distributing organisation
- Activity must be open to the general public, be an arts event and have a clear public benefit within East Sussex
The deadlines for applications in 2020/21 are as follows:
- 6 December 2019 (decision 21 January 2020)
- 25 February 2020 (decision 24 March 2020)
- 5 May 2020 (decision 9 June 2020)
- 15 September 2020 (decision 20 October 2020)
- 5 January 2021 (decision 26 January 2021)
Please make sure you seek advice before deciding to make an application. Contact the relevant officer below who will be happy to discuss your idea with you and check you are eligible to apply.
For projects in Rother District
Please contact Melanie Powell on 01424 787506 email@example.com
For projects in Hastings Borough
Please contact Michael Hambridge on 01424 451790 firstname.lastname@example.org
For projects in Wealden District
Please contact Jane Kilby on 01892 602881 email@example.com
For Eastbourne and all other enquiries please contact the Cultural Strategy Manager at East Sussex County Council, Sally Staples on 01273 481871 firstname.lastname@example.org