Independent residential occupation of a caravan/mobile home requires planning permission.

Use of a caravan or mobile home as an annexe may not require planning permission if it is:

1. Within the domestic curtilage of a dwellinghouse

2. Its use is solely for purposes ancillary/incidental to the residential occupation of the main dwellinghouse. This would include ancillary residential accommodation but would not include independent residential accommodation.

3. The caravan would need to fall within the definition of “caravan” in the Caravan Site and Control of Development Act 1960

Aiimee Digital Assistant Icon

Aiimee - Rother Digital Assistant

Ask me a question!