Due to the Covid-19 pandemic only the bowls greens at the Polegrove recreation ground and Sidley recreation ground are open for use at the current time.
The green at Egerton Park may open in the coming weeks subject to demand and further discussion with the bowls clubs.
To protect the health of participants and staff, government guidance must be followed at all times and the formats of play are currently restricted as below:
- Only alternate rinks are available for play. There are 3 available rinks per green.
- A maximum of six people are permitted on the centre rink.
- A maximum of two people are permitted on all other rinks.
- A maximum of two people may wait to play per available rink.
- Participants must provide their own equipment.
- There is no access to the pavilions and any hand washing or toilet facilities within them.
- Only one to one coaching is permitted.
|Location||Bookings and opening times information|
|Polegrove recreation ground, Brockley Road, Bexhill-on-Sea.||Bookings: Tuesday to Saturday inclusive, 11am to 4pm. Telephone 07483 095835.|
Opening times: Monday to Saturday 10am to 8pm, Sunday 2pm to 8pm.
|Sidley recreation ground, |
Canada Way, Bexhill-on-Sea.
|Daily, 10am – Midday and 2pm to 4pm. Telephone: Sidley Martlets Bowls Club on 07450056170 (Club Secretary)|
|Rye Town and Fair Salts, Fishmarket Road, Rye||Monday to Saturday inclusive 10.30am to 4.30pm|
Telephone Tony Kember of Rye Bowls Club on 01797 690798, or Ian Scott on 07724 013320.
This season a monthly ticket is being offered instead of a season ticket. Once purchased, this will be non-refundable.
|2020 Fees and Charges||Juniors||Adults|
Session per hour
Monthly – Bexhill
Monthly – Sidley
Monthly – Rye
Bexhill Open Bowls Tournament
Regrettably, the tournament is not being held this year due to restrictions relating to Covid-19.