In the first instance please complete and return the Initial Enquiry Form available in the Related Documents section – and return to Neighbourhood Services in order to check the suitability of your event and availability of the preferred location. Once confirmed, you will then be sent a full application which must be completed and returned at least 28 days before your event takes place, so please ensure you return the completed initial enquiry form in good time to allow this. Please refer to the guidance notes and terms and conditions above for more information about special events.
Our definition of a Special Event is any activity on land owned, leased or managed by Rother District Council that one or more of the following that applies:
- In excess of 20 people.
- The event generates income from the general public (ticket sales etc.) i.e. a charge to attend
- A temporary structure is going to be erected at the event (Inflatables, gazebo, fence, shelter, tent, chairs, tables, rest area etc…)
- Vehicle access or parking on land is required (other than in designated car parks)
- Where the sale of alcohol or food will be undertaken
- Where food will be cooked and served (BBQs please see special conditions)
- Entertainment, including marching bands, art, dancers etc…
- Where areas of public space is requested for sole use
- Where any charitable collecting of money will be undertaken
If your event is taking place after 6pm and before 8am regardless of whether any of the above applies, you must notify us.
For information on booking sports pitches in Rother, please visit our Sports Pitches page.