The National Allotment Society has published some up to date advice/guidance related to the COVID-19 Emergency Measures, to read this guidance, or find out more information – please visit the National Allotment Society website.
Interested in gardening? Need some good open air exercise? Want to grow your own vegetables or flowers? If you have answered yes to any of these questions then an allotment could be for you. Rother District Council provides and maintains a total of seven sites throughout the district.
The costs for individual plots are:
£50.00 per annum for a small plot, up to 125 square metres (150 square yards).
£95.50 per annum for a large plot, over 125 square metres (150 square yards).
The sites are listed below, along with the road name where the entrance is located:
- All Saints, Turkey Road, Bexhill. Plots available.
- Preston Road, Watermill Lane, Bexhill. Plots available.
- Ingrams Avenue, Crowhurst Lane, Bexhill is managed by Ingrams Allotments
- Barrack Hall Park, Belle Hill, Bexhill is managed by Mr Anthony Farragher
- Broad Oak Park, Bexhill is managed by Sophie Ellis-Gilchrist – Broad Oak Park Allotments
- Collington Wood Bexhill is managed by Tim Murray
- Summerhill is managed by Dave Ottley
- Watch Oak, Battle allotments are now managed by Battle Town Council
- Tillingham (Love Lane), Rye is managed by the Rye Amenity Community Interest Company
- South Undercliff, Rye is managed by the Rye Amenity Community Interest Company
Please telephone (01424) 787507 for further information on Preston Road allotment site.
Other allotment sites are available within the district. These are managed by either parish or town councils and/or independent allotment associations all of whom should be contacted directly.