Providing new solutions to prevent homelessness.
There have been fewer properties made available to Rother residents due to a significant stagnation in the lettings market. There also continues to be an increase in the level of rents charged. The situation has prompted a review of how we can improve housing outcomes and reduce the cost to the Council of providing temporary accommodation by preventing homelessness through greater access to quality and affordable accommodation.
- Property must be free from all category 1 and all significant category 2 hazards as defined by the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
- Have a valid Energy Performance Certificate at a C rating or above (or be willing to do relevant works to raise the rating to a C)
- Valid Electrical Installation Condition Report
- Valid Gas Safety Certificate (if gas appliances present)
- Smoke and CO alarms
- Prepared to purchase adequate boiler cover and building insurance to cover any major works should they occur
- Initial 3 year lease with RDC taking full management of the property
- Guaranteed monthly payment even when vacant
- Receive a generous one-off payment when you first join the Leasing scheme
- Full photo inventory
- Regular tenancy visits and property inspections
- Members of the NRLA – National Residential Landlords Association and recognised by DLUHC
- 17 years of lettings/property management experience within the team
- We stay up to date with ever changing legislation, so you don’t have to
- Property returned to you as vacant possession
If you would like to know more or wish to discuss other schemes available, please contact email@example.com or 01424 787599.
We also hold regular forums with other local authorities and landlords.
Our next meeting will be at Hastings Football Club on the 18th October 2022. You can reserve your free place at the link here NRLA joint forum with Hastings and Rother Councils.