It is the responsibility of a landlord or letting agent to ensure that their rental property meets all current legal requirements under the Housing Act 2004.

Housing charity Shelter has produced useful guidance on landlord/letting agent responsibilities and tenant rights and tenant responsibilities.

If you feel that the property you are renting is unsafe or in need of repair you must first inform your landlord or letting agent of the problem. If they do not respond or fix the issue you can then report it to us through the form below.

We will investigate the issue and use the Housing Health and Safety Rating System to assess and score the issues before deciding what action, if any, we can take.

For more information please see our Private Sector Housing Enforcement Policy

If you have more than one issue, please select the main one from the menu and include any other issues in one report.

Aiimee Digital Assistant Icon

Aiimee - Rother Digital Assistant

Ask me a question!