Do you live in an area that is vulnerable to flooding either from the sea, rivers or rainfall?
As we enter the winter season there is increased potential for the sea to breach sea defences in certain places along the Rother coastline, and for higher levels of rainfall to impact some rivers and inland properties.
Be prepared and plan ahead.
To check the latest information for your area:
- Visit the GOV.UK website to see the current flood warnings, view river and sea levels or check the 5-day flood risk forecast: https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/ and search your postcode or town.
- Or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188.
- You can also sign up for flood warnings by phone, text or email at the above website.
- Follow @EnvAgency and #floodaware on Twitter.
- Tune into weather, news and travel bulletins on local television and radio.
For advice on how to plan ahead for flooding please visit: https://check-for-flooding.service.gov.uk/plan-ahead-for-flooding
If your property has flooded or near flooded in the past be prepared with your own commercially available flood gates or stock of sandbags.