Our Council is committed to making Rother a better place to live and to work in, and to visit. Within our available resources we as a council aim to provide all of our customers the best possible service, in line with our ‘Customer First’ commitment.
All our customers have an equal right to access council services, and we will treat them with respect, courtesy and dignity and will make every effort to meet their needs regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or background.
- We will ensure our Website is up to date, accessible and easy to use. Our website is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our Customer Services Officers will deal with 80% of all enquiries at the ‘first point of contact’.
- Corporately we aim to answer 80% of telephone calls within 2 minutes, during our normal working hours.
- We will return your voicemails and messages within three working days.
- We will attend to customers in our Community Help Points (at Battle, Bexhill and Rye) within 15 minutes of arrival.
- We are dedicated to getting your enquiry ‘right first time’. If there is a difficulty we will apologise and attempt to put things right.
- We aim to respond to all communications (emails, letters) within a maximum of 10 working days.
- We manage a robust complaints handling procedure and are working to improve customer satisfaction in this area. We aim to respond to all complaints within 20 working days.
We are committed to producing all of our letters and publications in plain English and are able to produce information in alternative formats and languages on request. All of Rother’s buildings are accessible to disabled people.
For any further information on Rother’s Corporate Customer Standards, how to complain to Rother, or any of the above please contact Customer Services on 01424 787000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org