Licensing & General Purposes Committee Agenda and Minutes
Date and Time - Thursday 16 November 2006 - 5pm**
Venue - Town Hall, Bexhill
Councillors appointed to the Committee: C.F. Starnes (Chairman), K.J. Bridger (Vice-Chairman), R.K. Bird, R.V. Elliston, Mrs. J.P. Gadd, G.E.S. Hearn, Mrs. J.M. Hughes, M.J. Kenward, Mrs. W.M. Miers (ex-officio), R.H. Patten, K. Standring, R. White and J.S. Wood.
MINUTES -To authorise the Chairman to sign the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 21 September 2006 as a correct record of the proceedings.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
ADDITIONAL AGENDA ITEMS - To consider such other items as the Chairman decides are urgent and due notice of which has been given to the Chief Executive by 12 noon on the day of the meeting.
DISCLOSURE OF INTERESTS - To receive any disclosure by members of personal interests in matters on the agenda, the nature of any interest and whether the member regards the interest as prejudicial under the terms of the Code of Conduct. Members are reminded of the need to repeat their declaration immediately prior to the commencement of the item in question.
REPORT OF THE DIRECTOR OF RESOURCES
1) Review of Parishing Arrangements in Icklesham Parish [WORD] [107kb], Appendix A [WORD] [124kb], Appendix B [WORD] [27kb], Appendix C [PDF] [2.8Mb], Appendix D [PDF] [579kb], Appendix E [PDF] [2.5Mb] , Appendix F [WORD] [78kb];
2) Applications for Relief from Non-Domestic Rates - Charitable Organisations and a Voluntary Organisation [WORD] [40kb];
3) Flexible Working Policy and Guidance [WORD] [35kb], Appendix A [WORD] [25kb], Appendix B [PDF] [413kb];
4) Revision of the Council's Statement on Discretionary Payments (Redundancy and Retirement), [WORD] [41kb] Appendix A [WORD] [20kb], Appendix B [WORD] [38kb]; and
5)Oral Report on Licensing Review Meeting with Responsible Authorities.
REPORT OF THE DIRECTOR OF SERVICES
1) The Gambling Act 2005 - Statement of Principles [PDF] [3.0Mb];
2) Street Trading Controls [PDF] [59kb]; and
3) Licensing Act 2003 - Enforcement Visits and Activity [WORD] [70kb].
EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC (EXEMPT INFORMATION)
The following item includes material which is exempt from publication by virtue of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972, as amended, and it is recommended that the press and public be excluded. The relevant paragraph of Schedule 12A indicating the nature of the exempt information is stated after each item and is reproduced in full at the end of the Agenda. In all the circumstances of each case, it is considered that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
APPLICATIONS FOR RELIEF FROM NON-DOMESTIC RATES - VILLAGE SHOPS, POST OFFICES, OTHER BUSINESSES LOCATED IN RURAL SETTLEMENTS ETC (PARAGRAPH 3) - Report of the Director of Resources
Agenda Despatch Date: 8 November 2006
Extract from Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended)
3.Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular
person (including the authority holding that information).
**Please note the start time of the meeting is earlier than usual