The Housing Options service offers advice and assistance to applicants to try to resolve their housing problems.
The Housing Options service provides all aspects of housing advice to any person requiring it.
Rother District Council aims to ensure that all residents have access to affordable housing that enables a good quality of life.
The Housing Options service aim to prevent people becoming homeless by providing advice and assistance to help people find a solution to their housing problem.
What does the Housing Options service do?
Our Housing Options Team can:
- try to assist you to keep your existing home
- help you explore your housing options
- give advice on the council's statutory duties
What services can Housing Options offer?
The Housing Options Team offer a range of services to help people of all ages and circumstances. Where possible, we aim to make sure nobody actually becomes homeless. We do this by providing advice at an early stage about what housing options are available.
Who can the Housing Options service help?
We are able to provide advice to anybody who approaches the service. In some cases, we will give you information about other specialist agencies who will be better able to help you.
There are many situations where the Housing Options Team can help you in keeping your home. Examples include:
- negotiating with landlords over rent arrears and tenancy issues
- help and advice with paying your mortgage, including negotiating payment of mortgage debt
- assisting with claims for Housing Benefit and Local Housing Allowance
- offering advice and assistance if you are affected by domestic violence
- offering advice on neighbour nuisance
- offering advice on unfit properties
- referral to tenancy support services
- referral to supported housing schemes
- help to find accommodation in the private sector - Please note that any financial commitments made without discussion with a member of Rother's housing team will not be honoured, therefore do not pay any fees until you have agreement from your officer at Rother.
- assessing applications from people who are homeless
- Provide assistance to secure a home in the private rented sector - Please note that any financial commitments made without discussion with a member of Rother's housing team will not be honoured, therefore do not pay any fees until you have agreement from your officer at Rother.
How to contact the Housing Options service
Rother District Council
Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex
Telephone: (01424) 787000
The Housing Options telephone service is open 9am-4:30 Monday to Friday.
Appointments to see an adviser can be made by contacting 01424 787000 or by attending the Community Help Point. Please be aware that you may need to wait to see an adviser.
If you have a housing emergency you are advised to contact the Housing Needs team on 01424 787000. This service is available between 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
For further information or housing advice, please contact the Community Help Point on 01424 787000.