The Programme is funded through both the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) and the Big Lottery Fund. The HLF funds projects that enable communities to celebrate, look after and learn more about their heritage. The Big Lottery Fund funds projects that will improve communities and the lives of people most in need.
The Parks for People programme is designed to create new opportunities for communities to learn about and enjoy their local environment with the aim of bringing communities together and contributing to people’s well being through better and safer parks.
In order to qualify for funding through this programme, a project has to meet all five of the following outcomes;
- Increase the range of audiences
- Conserve and improve the heritage value
- Increase the range of volunteers involved
- Improve skills and knowledge through training
- Improve management and maintenance
For further information go to the Parks for People