The Rye Partnership was established in November 1996 to bring together key stakeholders to develop a local community response to the socio-economic problems prevalent in the area. It is a membership organisation consisting of private, public, community and voluntary representatives. In 2003 the Partnership became a not for profit Company Limited by Guarantee.
In 2010 the Rye Partnership successfully tendered for the operation of a community centre at the former Tilling Green primary school. The Rye Partnership and its partners will work with local residents to:
- Promote and encourage participation from the local community
- Offer education and training opportunities
- Provide a range of advice and information
- Provide leisure and social activities for all ages
- Work with local employers and training providers to assess the areas of skills gaps and their training needs
- Provide access to employment, volunteering and training opportunities
- Provide a one to one mentoring service for people seeking employment and/or training
For more information on the Rye Partnership, please ring 01797 229600.