Amounts to be paid from 16th February to 31st March
- Rateable value up to £15000 – £2096
- Rateable value £15001 – £50999 – £3143
- Rateable value £51000 and above – £4714
The Government has made financial support available for businesses affected by the move to Tier Two.
The Tier 2 Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) (for businesses required to close) is available to businesses which were required to be closed for a consecutive period of no less than 14 days as a result of regulations made under the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984 will be eligible for this funding. In Tier 2 this typically refers to pubs and bars, unless they are operating as restaurants.
Please note: Applications for this grant closed on Sunday 17th January 2021.
Your business may be eligible if it:
- Occupies property in the Rother area on which it pays business rates
- Has been required to close because of local restrictions from 2 December 2020 (a business that now only offers a food/alcohol takeaway or collection service will be treated as closed if before the 2nd national lockdown it provided in-person services)
- Will be closed for a minimum of 14 days
Your business will not be eligible for the scheme if it:
- Continues to operate during the restrictions because it is not required to closed by law
- It has chosen to close, but is not required to be closed by law as part of a local restrictions
- Has reached the State Aid Limits
- Businesses that are not the ratepayer
- Businesses that are in administration, are insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made.
What you will get
- If your business is eligible and has a property with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, you will receive a cash grant of £667 per 14 day qualifying restriction period
- If your business is eligible and has a property with a rateable value of above £15,000 and below £51,000, you will receive a cash grant of £1,000 per 14 day qualifying period
- If your business is eligible and has a property with a rateable value of £51,000 or above, you will receive a cash grant of £1,500 per 14 day qualifying period
Grants are based on the rateable value of the property on the first full day of the local restrictions.
How to apply
If you think you are eligible you can register online and submit any evidence for the Tier 2 Local Restrictions Support Grant (for businesses required to close) electronically.
Before you apply, you must have the following information available to complete your application:
- An electronic version of your latest bank statement.
- Evidence that your business was trading as at 4 November 2020
- Evidence that your business was occupying the property as at 4 November 2020
- Proof of identification. In the case of a sole trader / partnership please provide your personal identification. In the case of a Ltd company please provide evidence of your company
- Your business premises property reference number. This can be obtained from the Valuations Office Agency (VOA)
You will have to log into your account at www.grantapproval.co.uk every 14 days to apply for a grant for the next qualifying restriction period. However, If your circumstances remain the same you will be able to copy the contents and evidence from your previous application.
Further information on the Local Restrictions Support Grant (for businesses required to close)