Amounts to be paid from 16th February to 31st March
- Rateable value up to £15000 – £2096
- Rateable value £15001 – £50999 – £3143
- Rateable value £51000 and above – £4714
On Saturday 31 October 2020 the Government announced additional support for businesses through the Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) following their announcements that further Covid 19 restrictions were to be put in place for the period 5 November – 2 December 2020.
You may be able to claim a business support grant if you are a Rother District Council Business Rates payer and your business meets ALL of the following criteria:
- the business was open and trading as usual on 4 November 2020
- it was registered for Business Rates on 5 November 2020
- it is one of the types of business that have been instructed to close
Business that have been instructed to close.
- Non-essential retail – such as clothing and homeware stores, vehicle showrooms (other than for rental), betting shops, tailors, tobacco and vape shops, electronic goods and mobile phone shops, and market stalls selling non-essential goods. These venues can continue to be able to operate click-and-collect (where goods are pre-ordered and collected off the premises) and delivery services.
- Hospitality – such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars, and social clubs. With the exception of providing food and drink for takeaway by click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery (before 10pm). This also includes businesses such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites. Except for specific circumstances, such as where these act as someone’s main residence, where they cannot return home, for homeless people, or where it is essential to stay there for work purposes.
- Sports facilities – such as leisure centres and gyms, swimming pools, tennis and basketball courts, golf courses, fitness and dance studios, climbing walls, archery, driving, and shooting ranges.
- Leisure – such as theatres, concert halls, cinemas, museums and galleries, casinos, amusement arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, skating rinks, go-karting venues, soft play centres and areas, circuses, funfairs, zoos and other animal attractions, water parks, theme parks. Indoor attractions at botanical gardens, heritage homes and landmarks must also close, though outdoor grounds of these premises can stay open.
- Personal care facilities – such as hair, beauty, tanning and nail salons. Tattoo parlours, spas, massage parlours, body and skin piercing services must also close. It is also prohibited to provide these services in other peoples’ homes.
Further information on the restrictions that have been put in place can be found at Gov.uk
Businesses that are not eligible
Your business will not be eligible for the scheme if it:
- was not open and trading on 4 November
- was not registered for Business Rates on 5 November 2020
- is not one of the businesses that have been instructed to close
- has entered into administration or insolvency
- has exceeded State Aid Limits
Awards and frequency of payment
The Amount of any grant and the frequency of awards in respect of the national restrictions are fixed as follows:
- Businesses with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under will receive a payment of £1,334 per 28 day period that restrictions are in place.
- Businesses with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a payment of £2,000 per 28 day period that restrictions are in place
- Businesses with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above will receive £3,000 per 28 day period that restrictions are in place .
How to apply
If you think you are eligible you can register online and submit any evidence for the Local Restrictions Support Grant electronically.
Before you apply, you must have the following information available to complete your application:
- An electronic version of your latest bank statement.
- Evidence that your business was trading as at 4 November 2020
- Evidence that your business was occupying the property as at 4 November 2020
- Proof of identification. In the case of a sole trader / partnership please provide your personal identification. In the case of a Ltd company please provide evidence of your company
- Your 8 digit Business Rates reference. This begins with a 2 and can be found on your latest Business Rates bill or letter.