For eligible businesses that have not already applied and received a Tier 4 and National Lockdown Local Restrictions Support Grant 19/12/20 – 31/01/21
You may be able to claim a business support grant if you are a Rother District Council Business Rates payer and your business meets ALL of the following criteria:
- were open as usual and
- providing in-person services to customers from your business premises and
- then required to close for a consecutive period of no less than 14 days as a result of regulations made under the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984 and were
- trading the day before local restrictions came into force.
Business that have been instructed to close
- Non-essential retail – such as clothing and homeware stores, vehicle showrooms (other than for rental), betting shops, tailors, tobacco and vape shops, electronic goods and mobile phone shops, and market stalls selling non-essential goods. These venues can continue to be able to operate click-and-collect (where goods are pre-ordered and collected off the premises) and delivery services.
- Hospitality – such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars, and social clubs. With the exception of providing food and drink for takeaway by click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery. This also includes businesses such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites. Except for specific circumstances, such as where these act as someone’s main residence, where they cannot return home, for homeless people, or where it is essential to stay there for work purposes.
- Sports facilities – such as leisure centres and gyms, swimming pools, tennis and basketball courts, golf courses, fitness and dance studios, climbing walls, archery, driving, and shooting ranges.
- Leisure – such as theatres, concert halls, cinemas, museums and galleries, casinos, amusement arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, skating rinks, go-karting venues, soft play centres and areas, circuses, funfairs, zoos and other animal attractions, water parks, theme parks. Indoor attractions at botanical gardens, heritage homes and landmarks must also close, though outdoor grounds of these premises can stay open.
- Personal care facilities – such as hair, beauty, tanning and nail salons. Tattoo parlours, spas, massage parlours, body and skin piercing services must also close. It is also prohibited to provide these services in other peoples’ homes.
Further information on the restrictions that have been put in place can be found at Gov.uk
Businesses that are not eligible
Your business will not be eligible for the scheme if it:
- was not open and trading on 15/01/21
- was not registered for Business Rates on 15/01/21
- is not one of the businesses that have been instructed to close
- has entered into administration or insolvency
- has exceeded State Aid Limits
Where local restrictions follow national ‘lockdown’ measures, requiring the continued closure of eligible businesses, it is accepted that those businesses are still trading.
Awards and frequency of payment
Amounts to be paid from 16th February to 31st March
The Amount of any grant in respect of this qualifying restriction period is fixed as follows:
- Businesses with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under will receive a payment of £2,096
- Businesses with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a payment of 3,143
- Businesses with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above will receive £4,714
How to apply
If you think you are eligible you can register online and submit any evidence required electronically.
Before you apply, you must have the following information available to complete your application:
- An electronic version of your latest bank statement.
- Evidence that your business was trading before restrictions applied
- Evidence that your business was occupying the property as at 15/01/21
- Proof of identification. In the case of a sole trader / partnership please provide your personal identification. In the case of a Ltd company please provide evidence of your company
- Your business premises property reference number. This can be obtained from the Valuations Office Agency (VOA)
Please note: Applications for this grant close on Monday 31st May 2021.