The government has provided local authorities with additional funding for businesses that are not legally required to close but which are severely impacted by the localised restrictions on socialising put in place under Tier 2 to manage coronavirus and save lives.
The Local restrictions support grant (LRSG) – open is aimed at businesses within the hospitality, leisure and holiday accommodation sectors who whilst open have experienced a severe reduction in their income due to Covid 19 restrictions. The grant funding is available retrospectively from 2 December 2020 when Rother first entered Tier 2 restrictions.
Please note: Applications for this grant closed on Sunday 17th January 2021.
Your business may be eligible if it:
- Occupies property in the Rother area on which it pays business rates or Council Tax for Holiday accommodation only
- Operates within the hospitality, leisure and holiday accommodation sectors
- Was open on 2 December 2020
- Has seen a significant reduction in income as a result of Tier 2 restrictions
Your business will not be eligible for the scheme if it:
- Was not trading on 2 December 2020
- Is not severely impacted as it can continue to provide it services normally
- Does not operates within the hospitality, leisure and holiday accommodation sectors
- Is in administration, insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made
- Has reached the State Aid Limits
What you will get
- Businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or less – £467 per 14 day period
- Businesses with a rateable value of £15,001 to £50,999 – £700 per 14 day period
- Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or over – £1,050 per 14 day period
- For businesses operating a Bed and Breakfast or Holiday accommodation from a property that is rated for Council Tax payments under this scheme will be £467 per 14 day period .
Please note only one payment will be made due to Rother entering Tier 4 Restrictions on 20th December 2020
How to apply
If you think you are eligible you can register online and submit any evidence for the Local Restrictions Support Grant for Open businesses electronically.
Before you apply, you must have the following information available to complete your application:
- An electronic version of your latest bank statement.
- Evidence that your business was trading as at 2 December 2020
- Evidence that your business was occupying the property as at 2 December 2020
- Proof of identification. In the case of a sole trader / partnership please provide your personal identification. In the case of a Ltd company please provide evidence of your company
- Your business premises property reference number. This can be obtained from the Valuations Office Agency (VOA)