Please note: Applications for this grant close on Sunday 11th April 2021. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. All payments will be made by 30th April 2021.
The Council recognises that licensed taxi drivers whilst not required to stop trading have still been impacted by restrictions put in place to try and prevent the spread of Covid 19.
Therefore a new Additional Restrictions Grant has been set up to support Hackney Carriage and Private Hire drivers, licensed by Rother District Council who have seen a significant reduction in income due to COVID- 19 restrictions.
To be eligible drivers must meet the following criteria:
- Be licenced by Rother District Council
- Actively working as a hackney Carriage or Private Hire driver on 19th December 2020 and continue to do so.
- Can demonstrate a significant loss of income because of Covid 19 restrictions.
- Be solely or mainly operating within Rother.
Drivers will not be eligible:
- If they have already received a grant or are eligible for any other Business Support Grant scheme including eligibility for the Self Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS).
- Not operating on 19th December 2020.
- Not licenced by Rother District Council
How to apply
If you think you are eligible you can register online and submit any evidence for the Additional Restrictions Grant electronically.
Before you apply, you must have the following information available to complete your application:
- Electronic versions of three full months of bank statements, December 2020, January 2021 and February 2021.
- Proof of working / operating on the 19th December 2020.
- Proof of ID
- A copy of your Rother issued taxi licence
- Evidence that the taxi business has been financially impacted by Covid 19 restrictions. The information must clearly show a drop in income compared to last year.