On 1 December 2020, the government announced the introduction of additional support over the festive period for wet-led pubs in areas under Tier 2 or 3 restrictions for all or part of the period between 2 and 29 December 2020.
The grant is a one-off payment of £1,000 for pubs that predominantly serve alcohol rather than provide food, and:
- Are open to the public (outside of the pandemic)
- Allow free entry
- Allow drinking without the need for a meal (outside of the pandemic)
- Permit drinks to be purchased from the bar (outside of the pandemic)
Who can apply for Christmas support payment for wet-led pubs?
To qualify for the grant, the business must have derived less than 50% of its income from food sales prior to 11 March 2020. Businesses will be asked to provide a copy of their companies accounts dated no later than 31/03/2020. Businesses established after 11 March 2020 and before 1 December will still be eligible for this grant and will be asked to supply accounting evidence that they derive under 50% of their income from food sales covering the period that they have been open.
Businesses must also have been trading on 30 November 2020 (or immediately prior to when the recent local / national restrictions come into force if they are currently mandated to be closed ).
Exclusions to Christmas Support Payment funding for wet-let pubs.
Your business will not be eligible for the scheme if it:
- Derives over 50% of its income from food sales
- has entered into administration or insolvency
- has exceeded State Aid Limits
How to apply for Christmas support payment for wet-led pubs
If you think you are eligible you can register online and submit any evidence for the Christmas Support Payment electronically.
Before you apply, you must have the following information available to complete your application:
- An electronic version of your latest bank statement.
- Copy of your companies accounts
- Evidence that your business was trading as 30 November 2020 or immediately prior to when the recent local / national restrictions come into force if you are currently mandated to be closed
- Evidence that your business was occupying the property as at 30 November 2020 or immediately prior to when the recent local / national restrictions come into force if you are currently mandated to be closed
- Proof of identification. In the case of a sole trader / partnership please provide your personal identification. In the case of a Ltd company please provide evidence of your company
- Your business premises property reference number. This can be obtained from the Valuations Office Agency (VOA)
Applications for this scheme will close on 31 January 2020.