In this issue we look at the following:
- UK Shared Prosperity and Rural England Funding for Rother approved
- Feature article on cultural regeneration on high streets
- Businesses set to be single use plastic free by October 2023
- Sussex Local Skills Improvement Plan (LSIP) newsletter
If you have a business event that you would like us to promote or a success story that you would like us to share, please let us know at email@example.com
UK Shared Prosperity Funding and Rural England Prosperity Funding Approved
Rother District received £1.6 million from UK government to support communities, people, and businesses. The funding will be used for 11 projects, including helping people get work and skills, funding community projects, and schemes for businesses. Updates on grants and business support initiatives will be provided through business alerts.
High Streets: The future is now
More than half of England’s high streets were built over a century ago, with buildings now falling into disrepair. Click below to read how culture-led regeneration is changing them for the better
Are you ready for October 2023?
Did you know, from 1 October 2023 businesses must no longer supply, sell or offer certain single-use plastic items in England? The ban on these items will include:
- online and over-the-counter sales and supply
- items from new and existing stock
- all types of single-use plastic, including biodegradable, compostable and recycled
- items wholly or partly made from plastic, including coating or lining
Sussex Local Skills Improvement Plan (LSIP)
This month’s partner focus provides information from Sam Weller, Bexhill College who invites local businesses to join his A level podcast series.
The Sussex Chamber holds many events for their members and also non-members. They are a great opportunity to hear about business and sectorial topics and network with others. Find out about local Sussex business networking events held by clicking below.