Stay safe outside your home
The Government have changed their campaign slogan to ‘Stay alert, control the virus, save lives’
As a result, some of the restrictions in response to the coronavirus have been lifted. Whilst everyone should stay at home as much as possible, the reasons you may now leave your home include:
- for work – where you cannot work from home
- going to shops that are permitted to be open – to get things like food and medicine
- to exercise or spend time outdoors – as often as you wish
- to drive to an outdoor open space – irrespective of distance
- any medical need – including to donate blood, avoid injury or illness, escape risk of harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
You should still make sure you are two metres apart from anyone outside of your household. Further guidance on the new regulations can be found at Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can’t do.
Every citizen must comply with the new measures, which take effect on Wednesday 13 May.