Which full time students can get Benefit?
1) Pensioners - man or woman over 60
2) Income Support - the student receives income support, job seekers allowance (income based) or employment and support allowance (income related).
3) Lone Parents
4) Responsible for a foster child - (children act 1989)
5) Student couples with dependant children - both must be students
6) Disabled students (several categories):
Qualify for a disability premium
Whose grant assessment includes a disabled student allowance with special conditions for claiming Income Support before set dates, as disabled students
Disqualified from Incapacity Benefit
Incapable of work for 28 weeks or more
7) Further Education - students aged under 20 not in higher education.
8) Students who had to temporarily abandon the course due to illness or caring responsibilities (with the consent of their educational establishment), for a maximum of one year.