What can I do about my noisy neighbours?


What can I do about my noisy neighbours?

The Council can investigate most complaints about noise from premises, except those about normal activity like children playing which are referred to the Mediation Service and abusive behaviour such as swearing which should be referred to the Police. We do not have any powers generally over noise on the streets and roads except for car alarms and loud speakers.

For us to investigate we need you to tell us your name and address (which is always kept confidential), the address of the source of the noise and what type of noise it is. We will start off by trying to resolve the complaint informally by writing to your neighbour and asking you to complete a noise diary.

Visit our Disturbances from noise page for further information.

Powered by GOSS iCM