I have received a bill. How do I dispute it?


I have received an Enforcement Notice from the Council. How do I dispute it?

You will probably already have been in contact with planning enforcement and they often invite a retrospective planning application where there is a prospect of its being granted. Before we serve the formal enforcement notice we usually serve a "contravention notice" which gives you an opportunity to give us more information.

At the end of the day, planning policy and law may be fairly complex and we simply won't agree.  Sometimes action is taken on policy grounds e.g. to protect the countryside, even though no one is complaining.  That is why you normally have the right to appeal to an independent Planning Inspector.  In order to help you, we usually include the appeal form and a booklet (about rights of appeal) with the enforcement notice.

Powered by GOSS iCM