Can I have my Housing Benefit paid to my landlord?

If the landlord is a Housing Association, benefit can be paid to them. If the claimant has a private landlord and the claim commenced on or after 7th April 2008, under normal circumstances the benefit has to be paid to the claimant. There are a number of exceptions (please see our safeguard policy). If the claim commenced before 7th April 2008, then benefit can be paid to the landlord.

Powered by GOSS iCM