If the claimant has a private landlord, are there any circumstances where the benefit can be paid directly to them?


Can anyone claim Housing or Council Tax Reduction?

Anyone can apply for Housing Benefit and or Council Tax Reduction, but generally if the customer has over £16,000 in savings and/or capital, then it is highly unlikely that they will qualify. There are certain exceptions to this rule. In cases where a customer holds capital in excess of £16,000 but is in receipt of Pension Credit Guarantee, we can still accept an application. In cases where a claimant has just sold a property and their intention is to purchase another property, then we may be able to disregard this capital for a period of 26 weeks.

Powered by GOSS iCM