Universal Credit rollout continues


Universal Credit rollout continues

Working age residents who wish to make a new claim for help with their housing costs and who live in an area covered by either Hastings or Bexhill Jobcentre's will no longer be able to claim Housing Benefit; instead they will need to claim Universal Credit from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

Universal Credit is a single benefit payment that is replacing the following six working age benefits.

  • Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income Based Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit

Similarly, if you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit and have a change in your circumstances in the future, resulting in you becoming eligible for one of the benefits listed above, your Housing Benefit claim will end and you will need to claim Universal Credit for help with your Housing costs.

You can find out more about Universal Credit and how to claim here.

You can find your local JobCentre plus office here.

Universal Credit does not cover help with Council Tax payments; you will still need to make a claim to Rother District Council for Council Tax Reduction.

Powered by GOSS iCM